Biblical Affirmations for Mental Health
By Oseyi Omokhoa
To help:
- “Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.”~ Ephesians 4:23 NLT
- Affirmation: My mind and thoughts are renewed everyday by the Holy Spirit
- “Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.”~ Psalms 91:6 NLT
- Affirmation: I will not live my life in fear because the Lord is with me
- “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”~ Isaiah 41:10 NLT
- Affirmation: Fear and sadness have no hold on me because I belong to God
For anxiety:
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”~ 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
- Affirmation: I have not been given a spirit of fear because the Holy Spirit lives in me
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”~ Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
- Affirmation: Peace is my portion, not anxiety.
For depression:
- “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.”~ Psalms 23:4 NLT
- Affirmation: I am never alone, the Lord is always with me
- “I sank beneath the waves, and the waters closed over me. Seaweed wrapped itself around my head. I sank down to the very roots of the mountains. I was imprisoned in the earth, whose gates lock shut forever. But you, O Lord my God, snatched me from the jaws of death! As my life was slipping away, I remembered the Lord. And my earnest prayer went out to you in your holy Temple.”~ Jonah 2:5-7 NLT
- Affirmation: I have been rescued from depression and now I walk in the joy of the Lord
For stress:
- “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”~ 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
- Affirmation: All of my burdens were left at the cross, I am free
- “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."~ Matthew 11:28 NLT
- Affirmation: There is no need to stress when I have rest in Jesus Christ
- “We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”~ 2 Corinthians 10:5 NLT
- Affirmation: My mind is renewed in Christ and every thought must bow to Him
More verses will be added each week!
Make sure you subscribe for more blog posts!
Follow our Spotify account: Light in the Darkness
Follow me on Twitter for a mix of comedy, Christianity and genius food combos @oseyiiii
Comments
Post a Comment